Week of April 17
Clubs and Societies:
- Congratulations to Melissa Patrocinio, Michael Laino, Alexa Skrinak, and Grace Recavarren! They will be the new DECA Executive Leadership Team for the 2017-2018 school year. Be listening for ways you can join the movement!
- The Student Council meeting on Thursday, 4/20 is only for the candidates running for the Executive Board and senior class positions.
- The Apex High School Chorus will present their spring concert this Friday, 4/21 at 7:00 PM at Apex Baptist Chruch. Tickets are $3 and can be purchased in T5.
- Attention all students interested in playing or helping with football next year! Spring practice starts today in the weight room fro 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM.
- Congratulations to the AHS men’s golf team for their fifth place finish in Tuesday’s match! The leading scorers were Noah Green, David Valcheff, Sean O’Connell, and Fritz Miller. Good luck at the conference on Monday at Prestonwood.
- After the men’s lacrosse win over Green Hope Tuesday, they will face Panther Creek on Friday as well as celebrate senior night. the first 30 students in the student section will win a free Apex Lacrosse t-shirt. All students in the stands by 6:30 PM will receive a free raffle ticket to win a throwback lacrosse jersey from the original club team 17 year ago. This is the last regular season home game in our beautiful stadium. Let’s get behind our 12-3 Cougars as the playoffs approach.
- Juniors and seniors: Don’t forget to buy your prom tickets online through Wednesday! Tickets can be picked up through Thursday but no tickets will be available after 3:00 PM on Thursday. Please have IDs and correct permission forms. Please see Mrs. Hoskins in room 105 with any questions.
- AP Physics reviews for all courses of AP Physics will be held every weekday afternoon in room 502 until 4:00 PM.
- Attention AP Biology students who had Mr. Derda in the fall. AP Biology after school review sessions start on Wednesday, 4/19 in room 604 at 2:30 PM.
- AP Computer Science reviews begin in room 605 Tuesday and Thursday this week and Monday and Thursday next week. Review books are available for checkout while they last.
- In honor of National Library Week, April 9th to 15th, our library media center is having Fine Amnesty Week. This means you can bring any over due books in at no charge for the entire week. So pull those books out of the closet or off your shelf and return them at no charge.