Quick and Easy Thanksgiving Recipes
Thanksgiving is just around the corner, which means delicious foods are soon to fill our stomachs! A lot of times eloquent recipes cost lots of money and take up a substantial amount of time. We have compiled a list of Thanksgiving treats to please your taste buds without breaking your wallet!
Apple Crisps~ savorynothings.com
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of rolled oats
- ½ cup of flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup cold butter
- 4 apples, cored and sliced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Stir brown sugar, oats, flour, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl.
- Cut the butter until large crumbles form.
- Cover and refrigerate the mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Put the apples in the baking dish.
- Toss with sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a bowl, then top onto filling.
- Place in filling and bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
Pineapple Glazed Ham~ wonkywonderful.com
- 9-10 lb. spiral ham
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbs stone ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place ham in dish and cover with foil.
- Cook according to package instructions.
- Prepare glaze while in oven by cooking pineapple juice in saucepan, then adding honey, sugar, and mustard and stir constantly for 5 minutes.
- Glaze ham and serve!
Mac and Cheese ~ bakingmischief.com
- ½ cup macaroni
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Boil and cook macaroni as directions state.
- While pasta cooks, in small saucepan melt butter over medium heat, whisk in flour and milk whisking out any clumps until a thick mixture begins to bubble around the edges.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese until completely melted, adding in salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain pasta, stir in cheese mixture, and serve!
These recipes would be a great addition to any Thanksgiving dinner! Quick, easy, affordable, perfect for high school students. We hope you try out and enjoy these tasty recipes, and have a great Thanksgiving!