How can you enjoy your staycation overspring break?
Spring Break is less than two weeks away! With last week giving us a taste of our vacation with only four days of school in session, we can almost touch the week of April 15-19. Some students have had their plans laid out for them by their parents and are headed to tropical beaches or somewhere out of state, the country even; however, some students will be staying right here at the Peak, and there’s nothing wrong with that. For those students staying at home, the worst thing you can do is stay cooped up in the house all week long. Here are some fun, productive, and new things you could do during your vacation.
- Try a new restaurant! This is probably my favorite suggestion as I love going out to eat with my friends and family.
- Redo your room. This does not require you to go out and buy a gallon of paint or new furniture–simply rearranging the pieces you already have, decluttering, or organizing will really revamp your room!
- Spring cleaning. If you are a senior, you especially should consider doing this activity as you will be packing up for college, the military, or a new job. Why hold on to stuff that doesn’t serve a purpose for you?
- Go to see a movie. Jordan Peele’s movie Us came out this past month and has received exceedingly good reviews. If you really want to treat yourself, go to an AMC theater (there is one in Holly Springs). Why? They have reclining chairs! Hello, comfortability!
- Take lots of naps. If you’re bored, stressed, or need to kill some time, just get some shut-eye.
- Spend time with your family and friends–especially those who you haven’t talked to in a long time. You will want to take advantage of this time–spend those days with those you care about.
- Treat yourself. Whether this means painting your nails, getting a haircut, or buying new clothes, make sure you feel good about the face you are presenting to the world. Confidence equals competence when it comes to school and work, so you should be your number one fan.
- Catch up on all those videos in your YouTube “Watch Later” folder. Maybe it’s just me, but I have hundreds of videos in there.
- Play some games with family. My sisters and I had a blast learning to play poker, phase ten, and Family Feud Strike out. Pick up these games at Walmart or Target. Way better than pool on your iPhone.
- Take a day trip. North Carolina has tons of spots to take a day trip with your family…especially with several beaches being on a few hours away.
- We won’t be too far into the final quarter of the school year (what?!) at this point, so make sure that you are prepared for what is to come. Get that folder stuffed with 100 papers from the last nine weeks in order, clean your book bag filled with crumbs and who knows what else.
- Plan out the rest of your year. For all my seniors reading, we have so many dates to look forward to towards the end of the year. Take some time during spring break to make sure that you have all your ducks in a row.
- Prepare for your AP exams. We have been putting this off for long enough, and we all need to buckle down on our studies! These tests won’t be happening too long after spring break is over.
- Catch up on volunteering hours for clubs like NAS, NHS, and Key Club. These are more things that will be due not too far from now!
- Start looking for a job to have during the summer. College kids will be out of school and ready to take any and all potential jobs from us when they are ready. The early bird gets the worm!
These are just a few of the suggestions I can make to my fellow peers who will be lounging at the Peak over spring break. I hope that wherever you end up over break, you will remain safe, have fun, and be surrounded by loved ones. Keep your head up; the countdown won’t be going on for much longer.